Monday 3 June 2013

You are the best thing that's ever been mine. (Taylor Swift)

After our first stint of separation, fourteen entire days, when he seen me it was like he was coming alive. I hopped up and ran toward him. I leapt into his arms and tied my legs around his waist. He laughed and held my body against his as my hands held his head in place in front of mine. I don’t even think I kissed him, maybe a quick peck but that was it.

I dove into charming little importunate sentences: “I’ve missed you so much!” My heart sung the words.

“I’ve missed you too. It’s not the same without you. Nothing is the same without you: the ocean is gray, my students are drones. Hope, the world is black and white and boring without you.”

A tear started down over my smiling cheek. He stopped it with his index finger and ran his finger back up to my eye. He shook his head silently.

“I love you,” I whispered.

“I’m so proud of you. I’ve never loved you as much as I do right now.”

I held him as tight as I could but it wasn’t tight enough because in the blink of an eye he would be gone again for another week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment