Saturday 1 June 2013

The weaker you are, the louder you bark. (Tenten)

I attended most of my one-on-one sessions as they tried to figure out the best way to deal with me. They had different programs for different patients, catered to their individual needs. I needed to get out. I needed some little badge that said “I’m been clean for X days” that would appease Christian. That was my undoing. They found out Christian was my weak point and then they had me where they wanted me.

“If you don’t attend group sessions you don’t get visitation.” It was BS. I started to go and I would drag Gloria with me. I couldn’t face that garbage alone. I already had to suffer through the initial “incubation period” of fourteen days without visitation and I refused to go any longer than that.

Gloria was an actress. She would cry in every group session: big dramatic over-the-top sobs. At first everyone was taken back and the group leader thought it was a breakthrough. She winked at me as she picked herself up off the floor and I realized she was a better actress than she was given credit for. Before long the rest of the group realized it was an act and the slubs were annoyed by it. Soon they pretended they didn’t notice when we skipped sessions and in an effort to keep Gloria from ruining the experience for everyone else they let me keep my visitation privileges.  

No comments:

Post a Comment